We are very pleased to have Tinwood and TwinnedCompanies.info join our sponsors. we can not make BarCampNorthEast happen without there help so please take a moment to find out more about them and how they can help you.
You know how you think everything in hand but then you remember something that you forgot about. Well we have just remembered no final decision was made on the room names. We agreed that famous Romans would be cool but never decided which ones. Have you any suggestions or preferences? Our list of suggestions is below.
With less that a week to go we still have some tickets available. If you know someone who might be interested in coming then please persuade them to come. If you have a blog then please blog that you are going.
If you are interested in coming but are not certain it is for you then please come along anyway. There are not locks on the doors and you are free to leave at any point. I recommend coming along on the Saturday to see how things go. If it is not for you then just leave, there will be not hard feelings.
If so then can you offer someone a lift? A few of our friends in the should are having to have back there tickets because they can not get here. If you can offer someone a lift then please get in touch.
Following the almost unanimous feedback we have decided to stick with our current venue and find somewhere else to stay overnight. So registration will open at 10am in the Centurion as originally advertised. Just head in to the bar and look for the regitration desk at the far end.
We are working on the place to bed down at the moment and will report back as soon as we can.
Today we have confirmation that we can not use the venue through the night. The venue themselves have been behind the overnight, but the building is part of the station complex and, and it is they are not happy. Unfortunately we can not secure access between us and the rest of the station, if for no other reason that this is our emergency exit.
We now have three options…
- Stay with our current venue until 1am and forget the overnight.
- Stay with our current venue and find somewhere else to stay. This venue is likely to be a scout hall 10 minute drive away, and we will put on a mini bus or taxis.
- Move the entire BarCamp to another venue. We have been offered a backup venue in Sunderland, but we will have to use a different space on the Saturday and Sunday, and will need to swap over at 7am.
We need to make this decision quickly so I thought I would just throw it out there. There are 7 people who said they would only come if it was an overnight. What are your thoughts?